Main Event Tournament Rules
1. A) Games will be 6 innings, except 13U & 14U, which will be 7 innings.
B) A 15 run rule is in effect after three innings, 10 run rule after four innings, and 8 runs after five innings.
2. A) Team rosters will have no more than 15 players.
B) Age cut-off is May 1st.
C) Birth certificates must be available if requested.
3. A) The additional hitter may be used (10 players in batting order).
B) The additional hitter (AH) must be in the batting order at the start of the game.
C) The AH may be positioned in the field at any time without affecting the batting order.
D) All “Original” starters, including the AH, may be removed from the game for a substitute and reentered into the game only one time each.
I. They must return to the original position in the batting order from which they were removed.
II. All substitutes are “dead” after entering the game, they are then removed.
E) A courtesy runner for a pitcher or catcher is allowed at any time. The courtesy runner can be any player off of the bench or the player who made the last out.
4. A) No bowling over the catcher or any other player in the infield. If there is a play at the plate or any base the runner must slide or give themselves up.
I. Any intentional collision and the runner will be called out and possible ejection from the game and future games. This will be a judgment call by the umpire and his decision is final. The umpire will determine if contact could have been avoided.
5. A) If a player, coach or fan is kicked out of a game, they MUST SIT OUT the next game. I. This includes the semifinals and finals.
II. As a coach, you are responsible for your players as well as your fans.
6. A) All bats must be stamped 1.15, and 14u drop 5s or lower.
B) Lead-offs will be permitted in all ages.
C) Roster batting will be allowed not mandatory.
7. A) All protests handled on the spot - $50.00 fee.
B) The tournament director or his representative has the final decision.
C) Judgment calls cannot be protested, only rule interpretations.
8. A) Pitching distances and base lengths are as follows, respectively.
I. 9U-10U: 46 and 65 feet
II. 11U-12U: 50 and 70 feet
III. 13U: 54 and 80 feet
IV. 14U: 60 and 90 feet
9. A) There will be a 2 hours time limit on games.
B) No new inning will BEGIN after 2 hours.
I. Any inning in progress, as the time limit expires, will be completed.
C) No time limit during championship games.
D) Games will start on time or as soon as the game before finishes.
I. Coaches, have your teams ready 30 minutes prior to game time.
10. A) Any game started and stopped due to weather will be picked up in the exact spot and game situation in which it left off.
I. Unless 3 innings have been completed. Games will be final after 3 innings are complete.
11. Pitching Rules:
A) 9U-14U - No more 7 innings per day.
I. Each pitcher can throw 8 TOTAL innings for the tournament, including semi-finals and championship, NO EXCEPTIONS.
II. One pitch in one inning constitutes a 1/3 of an inning pitched.
III. Managers use good judgment on the health of your pitchers.
B) Teams 12U and under will receive one balk warning per team.
12. Tie Games:
A) In pool Play if the time limit has been reached and the score is tied, a tie game will be the final score.
B) If the time limit has not been reached any Tie Game will go into Texas Shootout rules. I. In a Texas Shootout, the last out in the previous inning is put on 2nd base.
II. Each Batter starts with 3-2 count.
III. Innings pitched in a Texas Shootout will count as innings pitched for the tournament. IV. The score will tally as follows; loser will be minus 1 and winner plus 1.
***Example if regulation ends 6-6 and in the Texas Shootout Team 1 wins 10-6 the final score will read 7-6 for Team 1.
V. Once the time limit is reached, if the game is still a tie, it will end in a tie game.
A) Head to Head
B) Total Runs allowed
C) Run differential (max 8 per game)
I. Ex. If you win 12-0, you will only be credited for 8 runs
D) Total Runs Scored
E) Coin Flip
14. No home team will bat in the bottom half of an inning if leading in last inning or mercy rule has already took effect.
15. NO Metal Spikes will be permitted 12u and under
16. Home team will be decided by coin flip in pool play. In bracket play, the higher seed will be the home team.
17. All teams need to be ready to play 30 minutes prior to scheduled game time. There will be no infield practice before any game.
18. Baseballs you will provide game balls 1 new and 1 use to umpire before start of game.
19. 1ST and 2nd place teams will receive awards. Twelve total awards per team.
20. There will be no noise makers i.e. cow-bells, horns, etc. allowed during games. This applies to coaches, players, and fans. The noise maker will be confiscated until the end of the tournament or the individual will be asked to leave the park.
21. Refund Policy:
A) 0 games 75%
B) 1 Game 50%
C) 2 Games no refunds
22. All bats must have one of the following stamps:
A) USSSA (1.15 BPF)
B) USA Baseball
23. The 2019 Official Baseball Rule Book will cover any rules not mentioned in this document.